Good news for the Malaga province as it moves into Phase 1 of the Spanish government’s lockdown deescalation process. Phase 1 comes with a raft of new measures that will apply from the 18th May, which are as follows:
- Freedom of movement within the Malaga province.
- Gatherings of family or friends – Up to a maximum of 10 people can meet at home or outdoors.
- Shops sized up to a maximum of 400m2 will reopen. Shopping centres will remain closed.
- Cohabitants will be allowed to travel in the same car together.
- Outdoor sports where there is no contact are allowed (golf, tennis, paddle etc). Gyms will open by appointment only.
- Travel to second homes and hotels is now allowed, but the common areas in hotels cannot be used.
- Places of worship can open at a third of their capacity.
However, even in Phase 1 it is still mandatory to respect the time slots for walks and sports. Social distancing is still in place and high hygiene standards must be maintained.
Thank you for your positive feed back.