Good news for the Malaga province as it moves into Phase 1 of the Spanish government’s lockdown deescalation process. Phase 1 comes with a raft of new measures that will apply from the 18th May, which are as follows:
- Freedom of movement within the Malaga province.
- Gatherings of family or friends – Up to a maximum of 10 people can meet at home or outdoors.
- Shops sized up to a maximum of 400m2 will reopen. Shopping centres will remain closed.
- Cohabitants will be allowed to travel in the same car together.
- Outdoor sports where there is no contact are allowed (golf, tennis, paddle etc). Gyms will open by appointment only.
- Travel to second homes and hotels is now allowed, but the common areas in hotels cannot be used.
- Places of worship can open at a third of their capacity.
However, even in Phase 1 it is still mandatory to respect the time slots for walks and sports. Social distancing is still in place and high hygiene standards must be maintained.